Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blog Initiation

OK, Hello!

This is my first public blog, I guess, not counting Livejournal. But that's a journal. This is a blog. Get it? I'm not sure I do.

I'm not even sure if I have anything worth reading. Time will tell. And I have no idea how often my muse will visit and prompt me to do this. You may be reading an "only" blog. How sad would that be? Don't answer, please.

Anyway, here's my so-far story: I am a registered nurse, advanced practice. I work in a clinic. I have been happily married for 26 years. To the same man! Now, that's rare, huh? I have three kids. Their father is my husband!!! More rareness!! They're all in college. Can you spell b-r-o-k-e? My children exist to remind me that I am lame. So I guess I'm normal. Most importantly, I identify myself as one in Christ.

But I spent this morning not in church, but at a local walk-in clinic. My 18 year-old daughter, the one who most reminds me of my lamenesstocity (a word her brother coined) has had a low-grade fever for 11 days. I can't treat her, since she's not my patient. And besides, there's that "A doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient" caveat, even though I'm not a doctor. So we sat in the lobby for an hour and forty minutes, listening to nasty coughs and a mother who controlled her 15 month old daughter by saying, when she wandered away, "Destiny! I'm leaving! Bye!," causing the little girl to toddle back to mama. Three times I heard this! I did take the opportunity to whisper to the child at one visit, "Your mother is a jerk!" Even my daughter laughed. But we were hard up for humor.

After we finally saw the doc, she checked Whiner's ears and throat and said she looked fine, but might have mono. We have to wait til tomorrow for blood work. Tune in tomorrow (or three to five days from now) for the exciting conclusion!!!

So we bought two pizzas from the restaurant where she works on the way home and had a bacchanalian feast. Yay, margherita pizza! Yay that my husband and son don't like it so there's more for Whiner and me!!!

Catch you later, if you're there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home