Friday, March 17, 2006

Judge Not!

When we bought our house in 1981, the house next-door to the east was occupied by a sweet widowed lady. She has long since gone on to her Reward, and she left the house to her church, and then it was owned by a nice older gentleman who rented it out. We've had a variety of renters over the years; one couple to whom I delivered a Christmas plate of cookies (they kept the plate and moved out soon thereafter) and several other whole/broken families of caucasian persuasion (one young couple didn't realize that in the spring, everyone has their windows open, not just them; I was in Twin B's room talking one night when we were privy to the climactic sounds of passion. We just looked at each other and cracked up. What else can you do with a teenage son?). The neighbors who lived there longest, and were the nicest, were two Mexican families who shared this small 2 br home. Twin A became friends with the three daughters. The families went on to buy their own homes, and the house went up for sale late last year. A young yuppie couple bought the place, fixed it up, and are renting. Their first renter lasted about a month. The owner told hubby he was going to raise the rent to bring in a more "high-end" renter. Three weeks ago, the new neighbors moved in. I had gone outside to get Molly's leash out of the car, carrying her, when they were in the front yard, so I carried Molly over to meet them. They have a basset hound named Molly! And a totally enormous pit-bull mix. And a five-month old adorable baby boy. The Mom and Dad were covered in tattoos. I thought, so what. (By the way, Twin A got a tattoo on her abdomen today, but that's another blog.)

I get up on workdays at 5 am and let "The Girls" out first thing. Guess what? My new neighbor is out that early smoking pot!!! The breakfast of champions!!! Gotta have a hot, nutritious breakfast! This is strange. Being a nurse practitioner, I don't like marijuana for the health risks. And besides, it's illegal. And I must say that I think it strange to smoke it so early in the day before you go off to your electrician's job. I smell it now as I type this at 9:15pm est. The poor baby! No wonder I never hear him cry. Second-hand marijuana smoke is also a danger, as are cigarettes. You never know what's gonna happen next around here! Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home