Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tattoo and Cat only MOSTLY Dead



OK, so Twin A - I think I'll call her Searcher, whether she likes it or not, it just seems to suit her just now - has a tattoo. She asked me a few weeks ago about getting one. Thinking that a tattoo is a permanent sign of temporary stupidity, I tried to discourage her, at the same time realizing she's 18 and I really couldn't stop her. Here in this southern state, tattoo parlors are licensed and inspected. I asked my friend at work where she should go, and was given a recommendation. So Searcher lived through it, although she said it "hurt like a beast" and so did her parents. She chose a cross, and I actually went with her to the parlor. Seedy, just what you'd expect, with thousands of tattoos to sort through; they didn't have a "Christian" section; what a surprise! All of the crosses they had were so not what we were looking for, so Searcher took pen and paper and drew them one she used to draw in school. The guy scanned it and it is now on the lower left-hand side of Searcher's tummy. She said she will never regret having a cross.


Hubby went to a doc today, referred by his pain-mgmt. doc. Thought he had carpal tunnel. The word "carpal" has the letters c-r-a-p in it, which is what that diagnosis would be for Hubby. The new doc agreed that these problems are stemming from his neck. Poor guy has had two anterior and two posterior surgeries on his neck. He is losing actual muscle mass in the space between his index fingers and thumbs, as well as upper arms. And pain. So the new doc ordered an MRI of the neck and referred him to a neck surgeon. Again. But if they can fix the nerve compression that's leading to the muscle atrophy, then great. He'll be delighted. Stay tuned. By the way, he can still make knives, and he hugs real great, too! :o)

We have a black DSH cat named Baby. I found him in a socio-economically disadvantaged area of our town on my first home visit way back in 1993. He was a mess; tummy swollen from milk allergy, which was his only food, a piece of one ear chewed by dogs, and had been rolled by a car. He grew and was pretty healthy, save for allergies. How fair is that! A cat allergic to humans! Nah, we don't know what he's allergic to, but he sneezes a lot and gets runny eyes. A few years ago, he was accidentally injured while Dreamer and Twin B - hereafter known as Ripped, for that is what he aspires to be with his weightlifting and working out - were giving him a bath. Has had a bad knee since then, and Hubby would give him a baby (yes, I know, baby aspirin for Baby) aspirin every few days or so. Suddenly yesterday, he began to howl regularly in pain, and shake his head like a moron, or like his ear was bothering him. Off to the vet. He was seen by the husband of the wonderful lady vet I've written of earlier. We all thought he would need to be put down due to age, but there's a new arthritis med for kitties, and the ears were treatable, too!!! Yay! Long live the cat! Ripped is so happy. He cried so hard last night, thinking his Baby would be gone today. He really loves that cat; even slept on the kitchen floor with him all night last night. All's well that ends well.




Goodnight!

3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Good for the kittycat. It's amazing how much they become part of the family.

I won't get a tattoo because then I wouldn't be allowed to donate blood for a year. But a cross is a symbol worth having around awhile.

Tell the Hubs that we're sending good vibes for pain relief. And I'm glad he still gives great Huggs!

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Good for the kittycat. It's amazing how much they become part of the family.

I won't get a tattoo because then I wouldn't be allowed to donate blood for a year. But a cross is a symbol worth having around awhile.

Tell the Hubs that we're sending good vibes for pain relief. And I'm glad he still gives great Huggs!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Dadoo said...

Wow! Animals live long lives in your home. I was thinking of Girl the other day when I got the pic of your dad. By the way, tell Dad he looks great even if he doesn't feel great. He hasn't changed in the 25+ years since I last saw him.

Prayers for hubby's neck and such. Love Searcher's cross (she's braver than I!!) and it's nice to know that a almost 20-year old young man has such a soft heart--I want my boys to be like Ripped when they grow up.

Love ya muchly.

Jodi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home