Friday, May 05, 2006

Long Time, No Post!

No, I'm not dead. Life has been pretty typical. Of newsworthy items: Dreamer and her Hubby are home for the week. We've done nothing but sit around, but that's what Dreamer wanted. Just completed the most difficult yet of her semesters. Finished with four A's, her own goal. I remember her calling me in April, crying, afraid she would get a B in one class and how would that look on her app for her masters? And she wants to graduate cum laude, or magna cum laude, or something like that. Dang, I just want her to graduate! And she will in due time. One more year. I've enjoyed having her home this time more than ever, and had to stifle tears when they drove off today to visit his parents. She is truly growing from daughter to friend, which is as it should be. Currently, they plan to go to Japan to teach for a year after she graduates. Exciting!

Ripped is at the Keys this weekend with his girlfriend and her family. They like him. Girlfriend is maybe close to saying she'll "go out" with him. He truly loves her; has for a couple of years now.

Searcher is done with school for now; undecided on whether to work full-time or continue school. Just to be safe, I filled out the FAFSA for her last night. Those things are a pain, but worth it since they pay for part of tuition. Pray for her to follow God's path and in all her ways to acknowledge Him. Her Grandma's favorite scripture!

Molly is about 22 pounds now. She and Honey still play and "fight" a lot, but no one gets hurt. With all of the bared teeth, I expect to see blood, but I guess they know just how far to go. They're part of the family. Love those critters.

Hubby had MRI of the neck and lower back several weeks ago. He's still waiting for the results and appt. with neurosurgeon. Geeze! This drives me nuts, since I used to work in a radiology dept. and know how quickly these things are processed; next day, at latest.

My Dad is still hanging in there. Amazing! He was given 6 months about a year and a half ago. My Mom takes real good care of him.

My Aunt in MD with terminal cancer is failing. Searcher and I are flying up to see her on Monday; we'll be back on Friday. It will be a sad week.

The Wed. after I get back, I have to go to Orlando for the Governor's Women's Health Conference. This is the first of its' kind, so it will be interesting. I just hate travel on top of travel. With CIDP, it's exhausting just to think about it.

Speaking of CIDP, no change. Later this month, on the 26th, I'll see a new neurologist who is local. Driving across the state or even 35 miles south (on our interstate, which is always plagued with wrecks caused by speeding dump trucks) has become a pain, and the great doc across the state is retiring next month, anyway. I hope the new local doc is ok. It's a female, with the same first name as Searcher. Maybe this will go better since I'm already diagnosed.

OK. There's life in our household, in a small nutshell!

Goodnight~

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Goodness, what a busy household!
Safe travels to wherever and whenever it's happening.

Having a girlfriend's parents invite him is nice. Everybody getting along is best for all concerned.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home