Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A good thing.

Well. There was a position for Assistant Community Health Director of Nurses that will become vacant next month. I applied, was interviewed yesterday, and found out after lunch that yes, I was selected for the position. It becomes effective on March 23, the day after the current employee retires.

When I first applied, I prayed "God, I'm applying. Whether or not I get this is up to You. I'm at peace either way." After the interview yesterday, I decided that I really wanted it, but felt like I screwed up the interview and wouldn't be chosen. When the director told me of her decision, I was pleased and calm. No clenched fist with elbow pumping air and saying "Yesssss!"

For the rest of the afternoon, I wondered, "What have I done?" I guess that's pretty normal.

I will have a lot of reading and program management to catch up on. But I know it won't be boring managing clinic, STD, Hepatitis and the ARNP's.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home