Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Resolutions

Ok, listing these is a first, as an adult. If I don't keep any\all of them, just shoot me.

  • I resolve to spend more time in prayer with my husband.
  • I resolve to spend more time reading my Bible.
  • I resolve to be more like Christ, daily if only incrementally
  • I resolve to lose weight and exercise
I know the lose weight thing is on everybody's list, but now that it's posted in a public setting, I have you all to hold me accountable. All one of you. ;o)
This morning, the scale said 168.5. This is not outrageous on a 5'11" frame, but once I get over 145 or so, all of the rest lands on the torso. This makes clothes-wearing difficult, except for drawstring scrubs, which I wear a lot, thus the weight creeping up without my being as aware as if I were wearing "normal" clothes. My legs are weak from this lousy neurological thing already, and don't appreciate carrying around the extra weight, and I have a right hip prosthesis that also would like to carry less weight. So I really need to do this.

My other resolutions are even more important to my life. We all have a body and a soul. One day we will all die and only have our soul. I don't want to disappoint Jesus; he loves me so much and has done so much for me.

Feel free to ask me how it's going. And thank you!

Happy New Year,

~~me

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Oy, I got you beat by 40 pounds more and 7 inches less.
Plump does not begin to describe my present self.
Even with walking every morning (yes, the weather holds and I still go out), I'm not losing the weight. Although my foot feels much better than it did last summer.

There's labwork and an appt. with a CNP next week. We'll see what's going on, other than my overbearing laziness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home