Friday, December 08, 2006

STD's and a Refrigerator

For the last two days I have been at a local STD inservice. The instructor was Dr. John Toney from Tampa. I had the pleasure of being one of his students at what's called STD 5-Day Intensive in 1989. He is such an excellent teacher, and has a wealth of knowledge in his brain. He punctuates his talks with humor and has excellent powerpoints, and the whole thing ended with a pretty realistic take-off on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" with STD questions and answers. None of used "call a friend," but I would have called him! He is incredibly intelligent.

Our refrigerator arrived yesterday and Hubby and I installed it together tonight. I transferred the food from the old to the new and walked the old one to the door. Hubby had to trim a few inches from the upper cabinets above the fridge as the new one is taller (standard size is so much bigger than 26 years ago!!!!!), and he'll finish up tomorrow. Then he and I walked the old fridge out the door, and it rolled quite easily down the carport and driveway to the yard's edge, where the city will take it away later this week. I must confess to wanting to refer to it as "she." I am not given to anthropomorphizing, but this refrigerator was a gift from Hubby's parents in October 1978. "She" ran relentlessly since then, never had a hiccup or need for repair, keeping my family's food cold for these years. Although she hadn't broken down, Hubby and I thought it would be best to take advantage of the tax-free week in October and order a replacement, as she had started to make strange noises and drip a bit. It seemed strange to dump this faithful appliance like so much dirt. I hope she gets recycled into something useful.

Tomorrow, I think Searcher and I are going out to Sanibel to shop a little bit. It will be cool and crisp, a great day for it. You can find some unique items out there.

Later!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home