Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dad said, "Beam me up, Jesus!"

I am a most blessed woman, to have the parents and husband I've been given. My Dad was a spiritual anchor. Totally in Christ. An awesome, fun, loving man. He went Home to Jesus on Wednesday, January 24th at 12:10pm. His death was sort of expected, but sort of not. We tucked him in to bed on Monday night (he'd been bedbound for some time) and he went to sleep. Mom called me Tuesday morning at 6:30 to tell me he hadn't woken up yet. I went to the office to do a few things, then got to Mom's before noon. Dad was in a light coma. Sometime during the day, he was able to rouse enough to say "I love you." His last words. Not surprising, if you knew him! So basically, from broken body to eternal glory in 36 hours. Can't wait to join him!

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

You have my sympathy for your loss. He is in a fine place, I'm sure.

I also sent a message out to my Dear Ones.

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Dadoo said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your entire family. I know you miss him terribly, but also know that he is thrilled to be with Jesus. Love to all, Jodi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home