Friday, May 26, 2006

A Good Day

Fridays are my day off, but I often go in to work for meetings, or schedule a procedure. Today was such a day. I had a patient come in at 8 for an IUD insert. Before she arrived, my Outlook reminded me that I had a dr's appt. at 10. Now, I remembered today was the appt., but for the life of me I thought it was at 3. Now I put myself 20+ miles away with the procedure to do, plus I had to stop at home to get records for the doc. The insert went well. Which reminds me: I have a theory about Latinas. They are so stoic. They are my favorite ladies for IUD inserts. Everybody else is a coin toss. Hmmm. After the procedure, I raced home, dug up the records, and zoomed to the dr. This was my first time seeing her, a new neurologist. I liked her. Her first name is the same as Searcher's. Plus, she's young, and it's nice to know that she'll outlive me. So many of the great docs here are retiring or dying! Change happens.

So I came home and paid the bills. One check I wrote was for the car insurance. Right now, we have 4 vehicles. The kids pay their own insurance. I wrote the check and put it in the envelope with the statement and decided to drop it by the office since I was driving by and the deadline loomed. Then I misplaced the envelope. While searching for it, I misplaced my car keys. Geeze! My new neurologist has a lot to take care of here! Found the keys; never have found the envelope. I just walked in and wrote another check. I need a keeper.

Went to the mall. I have nothing nice to wear for conferences, church, etc. This was made painfully apparent when I went to Orlando last week. I found a few nice things at Ann Taylor Loft - what a nice store! I'd never been there before. And they have sale racks!!!! I love those. Or the clothes on them.

Tonight Hubby and I are going out with our British friends for Thai food. Another new food experience. I'm looking forward to it, but Hubby is used to American, Italian and Mexican. I hope he finds something good.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home