Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bad Day in Plumbing Land

My hubby awoke and went for a bike ride this morning. My toes and I stayed home. I woke up around 9 and turned on the t.v. for a weather update. Hubby walked in just then and said, "I need your help now. The cold water pipe broke and there's water all over the FL room." (A FL room is the same as a den or family room.) Oh, yeah, water, water, everywhere and not too much to drink. We woke Ripped, since this involved his adjoining bedroom, and he and Hubby got to work moving, mopping and cleaning. Ripped's best friend came over and helped, too; he happens to be a plumber. This happened to the hot water line last year and Hubby replumbed it himself with the guiding help of our 25-years plumber. Don't know why, buy my Hubby has an innate sense of fixing things like this, electical, etc. Quite the handy guy to be my spouse. Since my son doesn't show great interest in learning these things, I am hoping that if Dreamer and her Hubby settle here after Japan, he will have the sense to learn these things, too. We won't live forever. Dreamer's Hubby may know some of theses things already; he's smart.

My part was to go to Publix and get sodas, subs, etc. to feed the masses. The subs weren't ready in time, so I did some Thanksgiving dinner shopping while I waited. Now I only have a few things to pick up for the big day. I will have much housekeeping to do on Wednesday. The house is ripped up with the plumbing adventure. Everything had to come out of the FL room and Ripped's room. All of the stuff under the kitchen and bathroom sinks also had to go. It's all over the house. Glad I'm not having one of those huge dinners for 24 this year. I'd be freaking about now.

I went to my folks' house for a shower. My Dad is slowly going down the tubes. What a sucky way to die; slowly, by increments. He is so brave, and I know he impacts those who care for him even now, so not in vain to lie and wait for death. Every time I leave him may be my last; that's hard each time I say goodbye. I usually start to get a little teary when I lay my head on his chest for a bit, then suck it up and make a humorous comment to cover the pain. He already knows it's ok to go whenever, and how much I love him, so it's no good to puddle up every time I'm there. I always tell him I'll see him later, whether or not he goes Home before I see him here again. True, true.

So there's the adventure of the day, if not the fact that I have posted two days in a row! Woot!

Later.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Wow! I likey what you've done with the place.

Too bad it comes when you are having troubles with the real life house.

Still saying prayers for your dad and family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home