Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ya Never Know What's Going to Come Out of a Dog's Butt

Hubby and I have noticed that Honey, our MinPin, has suddenly forgotten her house-training. I was away this weekend (my Aunt's funeral - another day, another blog) and he was quite fed up with picking up dog poo. I flew to MD on Friday with Searcher, and we returned home on Sunday. I built in a day of annual leave on Monday, thinking I might need to rest. Dang, I'm smart! Slept 12 hours between Sunday evening and Monday 10:30am. And I was home with the Girls all day.

Sure enough, Honey left me a deposit. I picked her up and cleaned up the mess while scolding in my harsh tones. Then I put her outside. A while later, she was ready to come back inside. I noticed a remainder hanging from her backside. I grabbed a tissue to dab this away, except it kept coming out! I pulled with tissue, and whatever it was kept coming out, and coming out! Mind you, this is an 8 pound MinPin!!!! Finally, it was out entirely, and I determined it to be an entire dryer sheet!!!! Dang! Not only was this weird and strangely amusing, but I pondered how lucky we were that it hadn't choked her going down, or twisted her intestines coming out. Lucky Pup! And she didn't seem bothered by the process at all. Just another day in dumb dogdom. I would really expect this of Molly; after all, Beagles are notorious for eating everything, having descended from the goat family.

Dogs. Gotta love 'em. Our outside working dog, a hound-Beagle mix named Trixie, was barking at around 11 pm. Searcher went outside to see what the deal was. When I went to see why Searcher left the house, there was an encounter going on next door. Here it is in Searcher's words, only I'm blanking out the foul language: Ok, so it's an average night. I'm online talkin to people and I hear my dog start barking. I'm like ugh, it's 11 at night what is she barking at?!? So I open the door and see no one and go back inside. Then she starts barking again and so I open the door and this time I walk outside with a freshly opened Butterfinger. Well, I hear yelling. Next door. I look over and there's a cop pointing a tazer gun at my neighbor dude. Dude's on his knees on the ground yelling, his wife's crying holding their baby and the cop's saying, "STAY ON THE GROUND!" And the guy's like "F___ YOU BITCH!" So the cop kept saying "DON'T MOVE! STAY ON THE GROUND!" And the other guy kept saying, "F___YOU!" And he got up and started walking towards the officer and he was like "DON'T MOVE!" And the guy was like "You don't have a tazer, you won't blah blah" and then the cop shot him lol. Mom had come outside by that point and was standing behind me. We heard the clicking noise of the tazer gun. I bit into my Butterfinger as mom and I hid in the darkness at home and she's like "What is this, a movie?!?" I swear, it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen! So, the guy I guess ended up laying on the ground and the cop alerted the people on his walkie talkie thing that he deployed the tazer lol. Then back up came. 2 more cop cars. The cop was like "So did it hurt?" and the guy was like "Yeah" and so when the back up got there I was like ok mom, show's over. She told me that they had a bad fight last week. His wife was screaming "I don't even know you anymore!" and stuff like that. It's really sad though cuz they have the little baby. This guy's a pothead anyway. He needs to be in jail after all this. Jackass. Poor wife. Poor baby. Stupid man. So that was our excitement. This is the guy I described in an earlier blog, smokes pot outside a lot. Not that pot smokers are all wife beaters! But this one is. He is in jail on DV and resisting arrest, and his bail is set for a total of $11,000.00. I feel so sorry for the wife and kid. When they moved in, I took them brownies, no thank you or hellos outside. They have stuck very much to themselves. Knowing what I know about the cycle of abuse, I think I'll go over tomorrow and see if the wife would like a cuppa tea or something. I see no other cars there, like family or friends for support. She must be very lonesome.

I'll write about Aunt Cath's memorial service and wake another night. Almost time for House!!

~~me

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

My neighborhood is way more quiet than yours. Even with an ISU fraternity house a block away.

The poor baby and mother. What a mess. Here's hoping you can be a good neighborly example.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home