Monday, November 27, 2006

Not-So-Black Friday

Didn't go out in the mess of shoppers at all. I've done that a time or two, mainly Toys-R-Us, when the favorite thing listed by one of the kids was on sale that day. It seems like the whole thing has gotten so much huger since then. Geeze! I went online and bought a new cordless phone from Best Buy for half price. Had no trouble parking and I was first in line.

Saturday, I saw an ad for stemless wine glasses for $1 each at Pier 1. Now, I am definitely not your Pier 1 kind of girl. Too fussy, usually, and pricey and smelly (weird scents and candles not good for asthmatics.) I went to their website to buy online, but they weren't available online, did I want to have them send an email when they might be available? I said yes, then called the local store and they had them. Hubby and I went to pick them up and were totally customer-serviced. Those ladies were Disney trained! A pleasant experience. The traffic wasn't horrible and parking was good. The glasses are a good deal, I think. Mom will like them. She said she gets into trouble with the stemmed glasses and goes through them too quickly. Maybe she fills them too much? j/k

Work was good today, got a lot of paperwork done and pt. follow-up stuff. Unfortunately, there is no way to have my foot elevated, so I have a lot of swelling tonight. I wonder when this stops? I'll be sure to ask Wed. when I get the other pin out.

Dreamer is sick. She saw an NP at the college health center who put her on two days' bedrest. Problem was, she couldn't get someone to cover for her at work. I warned her that she might be toast if she missed class for being too sick, only to have an instructor walk by her at the mall. She works in a kiosk in the middle of the hallway. And as if any student wouldn't bring it up as well. Finally, she was able to work out coverage. Plus, she needs the rest! Not standing for hours in a kiosk. Poor girl gets sick a lot. I think a Cat scan of the sinuses would be a good idea. I have had tons of polyps and problems, and if she's inherited this tendency, it would explain why she gets sinusitis/bronchitis so often. Plus, she's around little germ-mongers all day. Doesn't help.

Everyone else is status quo.

~~Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home