Saturday, December 02, 2006

Back from Orlando

I was able to get Thursday off, and I went to Orlando with Hubby, who had to attend a conference. In spite of poor maps and instructions given, we were finally able to find the hotel, located inside Orlando airport, and figure out where to park. We arrived pretty much in time for lunch, and the conference started at 1. We ate pricey lunch food at McCoy's inside the hotel. At least it was tasty. Pulled pork sandwiches with sweet potato chips and cole slaw and a pickle. Gotta have the pickle, and I requested sliced onion on the sandwich as well. We were also served two lousy onion rings. Yuck. I took one bite and left the rest.

After Hubby went to the conference, I scouted the airport. They have a small food court, a Chili's and a Macaroni Grill. Also some shops. Universal Studios, Seaworld, Disney, etc. plus various independent stores. A hairbrush store. Sells nothing but hairbrushes. Bet that won't last long!

I bought a paperback and went back to the room. Enjoyed a nice, long bubble bath and was able to add more hot water without having to worry about saving some for anyone else. Luxury. Took a nice nap. Hubby got out of the meeting at 5 and I took him to Universal Studios Citywalk, expressly to eat at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. If you ever get a chance to go, they have the most awesome nachos you could ever put in your mouth. I couldn't wait to take Hubby. Unfortunately, he got a little nauseous at the table and couldn't eat much. Bummer. I had such a daydream in my mind of us wolfing these things together, and he agreeing how great they were. As it turned out, we were grateful to have a plastic bag to take back in the car with us. Fortunately, he never actually got sick, and felt better a bit later. That was Thursday.

Friday, he got out of the conf. at 3:30. I was napping again, having gotten sleepy after reading for so long. We were going to go out of the airport to the Disney park and eat there; you can park and eat at the various hotels without paying for a ticket. Since it was such a hassle getting in and out of the airport, with construction to boot, we decided to "stay in" and eat at Chili's. I wanted to try a drink called "Sex on the Beach," which I asked for. They didn't have the peach schnapps, a key ingredient. Oh, well. I decided on a hamburger and a Sam Adams. I wanted a good ol' hamburger, nothing fancy. They have one called the "Old Timer." In retrospect, I should have just asked for sex on the beach with an old timer. Hubby turns 50 on Monday! Heheheh. I amuse myself sometimes.

Hubby got back to the room and was plum exhausted. After the adventures in plumbing, and three 12 hour days this week, he was dead tired. He went to sleep shortly after 6:30 and slept around the clock. I awoke shortly before 7 (this morning) and got too awake to go back to sleep. I had thought of lying around and enjoying the room, breakfast, etc, then maybe going to the Disney park on the way home for lunch. Hubby just wanted to get home. He is such a home-body! Loves to be home. Good for me!!!!

We were home by noon, and began to decorate for Christmas, a week late. Usually done the day after Thanksgiving, but I still had the pin in my toe. Got 'er done quickly. I bought another artificial tree this year. We'd had real ones for some years, but I'm tired of the expense and needles. Hubby put this together (actually, just insert the three pieces). He though it looked terrible. Searcher and I got busy separating the branches and tips, and now it looks great. It's huge!!!! 7 ft and spreads across half of our walkable living room floor. I was able to get most of the lights on before exhaustion set in and decided to do the rest tomorrow. Will also try to work on the now 3rd annual Christmas newsletter tomorrow. Oh, such great hopes!

Will go to bed now. Busy day tomorrow!!

~~me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home