Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Day Was NOTHING Compared to Searchers!

I shall let her tell you in her own words:

Unexpected things...

HOLY CRAP!

What a day...wow.

Normal day, up at 9, shower, school, nap, then...I got an unexpected phone call from MICHELLE! YAAAAAAAY! She's in town from Orlando and asked if I was home and said she was on our street...dang. So that was cool, but I had to be at work in 5 minutes, so I decided to call my boss and tell her I'd be a little late cuz I haven't seen Michelle in probably a year. So we talked for about 30 minutes and I'm gonna meet her for lunch tomorrow at the mall.

Here's where it gets good...

I worked 4:45-close tonight. I trained Ryan again tonight and he left around 8:30. We had a table of 4 come in at around 8:40. They asked what time we closed and I said 9 and that they were fine. I recognized one of the girls from middle school. It was her, her sister, her brother, and her mom. So just at 9 we had a single guy come in and Marcos (my boss) decided we'd serve him even thought we just closed. I kinda started talking to the guy and sat down and we were talking about college and things like that when Dave told me to go over to his other table. So I went up there and the girl was like "HEEEEEEEEEY! DO YOU REMEMBER ME?!?" And I said yes and we talked for a few minutes and I made her family laugh and said it was good to see her and what not, then I went and sat back down with the man and continued our conversation. The family paid and were on their way out when I looked over at Dave and he looked really angry and went after them. They had a $50 order and didn't tip. He asked them if everything was ok and they said yes and he said "Well, there was no tip..." and they said it was because he was rude and they didn't like him and all this and he started going off on them. You guys don't know Dave, but he's a gay man at my job and is very manly, but has the attitude of a black woman, and this was a black family, so it clashed big time. Dave told them they should tip at least 15% and this and that and they got all mad and wow. Dave was yelling "bitch rah rah" and they were yelling "homo rah rah" and it was BAD. I was just sitting inside at the table next to the man talking and all I heard was yelling and I looked over and was like oh crap. On the counter we have mints, business cards, and toothpicks and they knocked all that stuff off the counter onto the ground then went outside the door and kicked over the ash tray thing and they were all still yelling back and forth at each other and my boss got their license plate number and the mom threw her spaghetti leftovers at Dave and it got all over him, the door, and inside the restaurant on the floor. Then things got even worse. The mom came up and swung at Dave and hit him in the head or something and he swung back and hit her in the eye and the girl I know got in on it and her brother kinda tried towards the end, but I saw Dave throw another swing and get in the door and lock it SO FAST lol. It was CRAZY! So, after he was inside they threw something hard at the door to break it, but it didn't break and they drove off in a hurry. A single cop got there about a minute later and started to look up their license plate number and then THEY CAME BACK! This time--they brought the daddy...and he was NOT happy. He barged in and was like "Where's the guy that hit my wife?!? WHERE IS HE!" and the family was like "Where is he Wendy...go get him" and I was in the awkward position and just thought "OK COP GET YOUR ARS IN HERE NOW!" lol. Then Dave came out and the guy got up in his face and was like "Why'd you hit my wife?!?" and he was like "She hit me first!" and they were yelling back and forth and Dave called him an idiot and walked away. Then the guy called him a coward and the cop FINALLY got inside and told the family to get out of the restaurant. Then they were all yelling at the cop outside and of course he called for back-up. We had about 4 more cop cars there in a matter of seconds. The cops had asked them for ID and they said "We ain't givin you no damned ID" and so they arrested the mom and dad. But wow...what a night. What a mess too. Whoo. I didn't get home til about 10:20. I've never seen anything like that in my life, and it was just so insane to me. The single guy was telling me about how he was from out of town and he had a daughter about my age that goes to UF and what not and I told him "Sir, I promise--this doesn't happen every day..." lol. He tipped Dave well. He saw EVERYTHING happen...and wow lol. Before he left he told me I was a very pretty young lady and he wished he was 20 years younger. I shook his hand and told him I hoped he'd come back again despite everything if he was in town again lol. So I came home and told my mom all about it. My dad's at another sleep study...ugh. Richard was already asleep so I couldn't tell him. I told Heather the story on the phone, then called Jamie and told her lol. That takes me to now and I'm STARVING, so I'm gonna go make some food for myself, at 11:35 at night, but oh well...

So ends her entry. What an evening she had! My day was just usual. Hubby had a sleep study last night; the bipap machine was set correctly so he actually slept well for 5 hours! Now we need this one at home set right so he can sleep here, too.

Later!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home