Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Good Golly, Miss Molly!!!

Searcher called me at work today to say that Molly came in from outside a "different dog." Oh, my, I thought, she finally found a snake in that patch of night-blooming cereus and it's bitten her and she's gone off her nut. I asked Searcher how she was behaving, and that's when the situation was clarified: she went outside to play, and returned several shades darker. Was quite filthy. I came home from work to find that this was no exaggeration. So Molly just had another bath. A dirty pup can't share Mama's bed. We have a detachable shower head with hose, quite handy for dog washing. I must say that I have never seen the water look so gray as it ran down the tub. She was absolutely filthy. I could have potted a small plant with the lost dirt. So of course, she is now running around the house like a moron to dry off. I won't let her outside again til she's good and dry.

In other news, I already think I mentioned the promotion to Asst. Community Health Nursing Director. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!!!! DUN-DUN-DUN!!!! (evil "i will take over the world" music) Well, at least I can't do any worse than current world leaders, and much better than Kim Il-Sung. Ripped just got a $3/hour raise, no small feat for a 19 y.o. My kids have their parents' work ethic! Yay! Searcher is, hopefully, one small step away from a job at the local sheriffs' office (a good thing before she gets accidentally killed at the small italian restaurant where she works - owned by Brazilians, food cooked by Mexicans - go figure). Dreamer graduates at the end of April, and since the program that she and her husband were going to sign with for the Japan trip is in some kind of trouble over there, they will come home, set up house, and make babies. But first, some money!!! I am eager to hold grandbabies. From Dreamer, not the twins.

Hubby has found out that his neck is screwed from prior surgeries. Options were more surgery (????), physical therapy, or do nothing and suffer. He chose P.T. So far, it's helping and he's actually gaining a little strength, a good thing. He's had such muscle wastage in his hands and arms, and not from underuse! It's all nerve damage from the neck.

My health is stable, yay. I just ate an onion sandwich. Mmmm. Onions are good for you.

Today, my health director was yelled at on the phone by a local bombastic ass of a physician, and she hung up on him. Go, her!!! He's had a miserable reputation for years, and I don't know how he still gets to practice. He creates drama, yells at everyone, and says it's all for the patients. Well, no other doctors here do that, and they take good care of their pts., so he's just an ass. I almost cheered when she hung up the phone.

I am taking ICS training this week, then moving from my comfy east-side office to central. My east-side office was well set-up by me in '05, and the staff is more than lovely. I shall miss our little clinic. The downside of promotion. But I'll still see them from time to time. And I leave the clinic management there in good hands.

Enough for one day. My hands hurt from typing. Probably not in a health position. I need a wrist-rest at home.

Bye!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home