Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Twas the Day Before Thanksgiving.........

......and I was awakened from a sound sleep at 12:30am by my right 5th toe throbbing greatly. In case you don't know this, I can take a lot of pain. And Advil! Seriously, I was concerned to have such pain at this point, 4 weeks after surgery. My toe was red and swollen. I determined that I would walk in at my surgeons' first thing this morning. Doesn't hurt that this is where Ripped works. I was finally able to get back to sleep after 2am and 3 advil and a vicodin. Woke right up at 6 and told son I was coming in. He said I couldn't cause the doc was "stacked" with appts. I decided better today than the ER sometime this weekend. I arrived before 7, was worked in, and doc said my toe was infected. See? I'm not a stupid nurse practitioner! He had to pull the pin from that toe and started me on antibiotics, which I had filled and first dose in by 8:30am.

And it felt better, so I did some running around to prepare for tomorrow. Searcher's friend and another coworker are coming, so that's great. I'm so glad. I came home and made apple pie. By then the toe decided to REALLY hurt and the whole foot was numb and tingly, this I knew to be from swelling. I did too much. Hubby has taken over. He's doing the pumpkin pies. Here are pics of the apple all done, and the bottom layer of the pumpkin. A very old family recipe calls for a caramel-pecan layer on the bottom, below the pumpkin. How yummay!!!! My favorite pumpkin pie.









Now I am being forced off feet by kind Hubby. I'll get up in the am and the swelling will be down, and I'll do as little as possible for a Thanksgiving day, which is to say my foot will be painful and swollen again tomorrow night. Dare I mention black Friday? Actually, I can't think of anything I want or need Friday, so I might sleep in and skip the mad shopping. I usually do.

Y'all have a blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow!

~~me

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Ah, so you are getting a little bit of company to help devour the turkey.

Such a sweet husband. Good in the kitchen, eh? Still working with mine. Although Middle Son is home from college and baked a cheese bread--actually two 9x5 loaves! The house smells sooo good!

Stay off your feet. Infected toe nothing to take lightly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home