Friday, March 30, 2007

Travel Mercies


Ripped was driving himself, Searcher and 3 other Chick-Fil-A workers to Busch Gardens in our van a few weeks ago. I told him to take our van instead of the Taurus, as it had just been serviced. They were part of a caravan of employees being treated by their boss at the Cypress Lake store to a day at the park, including an annual passport.
Naturally, since I told him to take the van, a tire blew out while he was doing 70 on I-75. He was able to hold control and pulled into the center median (he had been in the left lane). The entire caravan stopped, drawing the attention of a member of the FHP. He sent the caravan ahead and radioed for road service. The kids were back on their way in 20 minutes.
Hubby took the tire out of the back of the van. A good 1/5th was just gone, as if the tire had exploded from the inside. I took a photo with my cellphone and sent it to Ripped's phone. He texted back, "Admit it, I'm good!" meaning that he hadn't lost control of the car. This Mama texted back: "No, GOD is good! Did you think your Mom wasn't praying for you to have safe travel to and from the park? This is called "travel mercies." " I wanted to remind him who to thank.
A humorous end-note: Hubby walked into O-K Tire the next Monday, toting the wrecked tire with two fingers in the wound. Some guys looked up at him and he said, "Hey, Guys, I need this flat fixed!" He got quite a chuckle.
Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home